Friday, February 6, 2009

And the verdicts in...

So we took tanners car into the shop on Tuesday to see how much it would be to fix it. They were too busy to look at it right then so they asked us if we could leave it and then call us after they looked at it. So later that day I get a phone call from the shop telling me that is is going to be 6000 dollars to fix the car if state farm has to pay for parts, and 3500 if tanner supplies all the parts from his other supra. Then after I was done talking to that guy that I received a call from our state farm telling me that he had turned in a claim on the car and that it was probably going to be totaled and that's not even the best part I had to be the one to tell him that. So when he called me on his lunch break I broke the news to him. He was a little upset but really who wouldn't be, I mean we haven't even made the first payment on it. Then on Friday Tanner got a call from a state farm claim adjuster telling him that his car has officially been totaled. So now what? I don't know what to do with the car or tanner. Anyways the moral of the story is don't buy a car out of state and then drive it home, instead have it towed.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

That sucks you guys I can't believe it would cost so much to fix!!! Good luck deciding what to do. Tanner you can always buy the pilot whats one more car payment(and we'll even drive it down for you). just kidding love you guys

Ryann said...

Oh man, Travis told me about the car that Tanner told him the other night at work. That really sucks! So, have you guys decided what to do? I'm just really sorry!